To help you with your PCS move to San Antonio TX, here is a checklist before moving in your San Antonio Military housing:
2. Assign two people to be present for the delivery of your items to you San Antonio military housing. One should be assigned by the door to check off furniture and boxes as received and the second will direct the crew where to place the items in the new home.
3. Movers are expected to place each item in the designated room you have indicated as well as reassemble all furniture and equipment they disassembled.
4. Your mover’s inventory sheet will have an “exception” column where you could note any damaged or missing items. If you fail to note this, then you will not be getting any coverage.
5. Send you new phone number and address of your new San Antonio military housing to friends and family.
6. Notify the post office of your new address in San Antonio.
7. Update your driver’s license as well as your address in all other identification.
8. If you already have found a new physician near your San Antonio military housing, send them your family medical records.
9. Register the children in their new schools near your San Antonio military housing.
10. Order new checks.
11. Update credit card accounts and magazine subscriptions with your new address in San Antonio.
12. Sign up for internet, cable, and long-distance service.
13. Review and update your life insurance and disability income protection needs.
14. Review and update your will and other estate planning you may have .
15. Update your information with the USAA.
Having a checklist handy during your PCS move to San Antonio will save you a lot of time and stress. If you need help in finding more about San Antonio and living as a military member in San Antonio TX, visit our website for our San Antonio Relocation Guide.
Let the Real Estate Muses help you find your home near Fort Sam Houston.